Pores—we all have them, but we don’t necessarily understand them. What are these tiny “holes” on our faces? Why have some of us been cursed with ones that feel like massive portals to another universe, while others are blessed with ones that appear nearly invisible.
We get a lot of customer inquiries about pores. How to minimize pores, how to unclog pores, etc.
So, to clarify—some must-know facts about pores:
• We all have pores. Yes, even that girl who looks poreless from just an inch away.
• Pores are actually the openings of hair follicles. When dead skin cells and sebum become trapped in the pore, a pimple occurs—pimples stretch the pore making it appear larger.
• You can’t “get rid of,” or even permanently shrink your pores!...(at least not through cosmetic products alone)...some products can temporarily "tighten" skin, usually used in conjunction with devices such as lasers)...BUT, the good news: you can manage the size of them, and temporarily minimize their appearance.
• The size of your pores is actually, to some extent, genetically determined.
•The concept of pores “opening” and “closing” is also, in fact, myth. (As our own Alicia Yoon puts it, when it comes to the myth about cold water to close the pores after steaming to open them: "oh, if only it were that easy, we could just be cold all the time and pores would be smaller"
• Unfortunately, pores also appear larger as we age as a result of our bodies producing less collagen and our skin losing elasticity.
Here at Peach & Lily, our #1 goal is to help our customers on their journey to become knowledgeable and capable of caring for their own skin!
With that mission always in mind, we bring to you, our latest curation, The Caolion Perfect Pores Kit, focused, naturally, entirely on pores. Blogger Julie of J.Beauté hit the nail on the head when she wrote: “while you can't erase pores from your face permanently, no matter what anyone tells you, you can help clean out the gunk and disguise them down to where you have perfectly clean, almost-poreless skin! That’s where the #PerfectPores campaign comes in.”
Avid instagram users (especially those, like we are, inclined to troll over the skin regimens of like-minded product junkies) may have noticed a set of products, tagged #PerfectPores popping up on some lustworthy feeds. (Who could resist Grace aka @damselfavored’s creative Boomerangs of product illustration— and here too).
This four-piece set comes from Caolion, a favorite amongst Peach & Lily customers. Known for their pore packs—gentle masks featuring clay and highly effective for pore care and blackhead management, but far less stripping than their Western counterpoints. Caolion was founded in response to its founder’s frustration with products containing irritating ingredients. Jinyoung Joo struggled to find products that were non-irritating, but also efficient. The result—ultra-safe products which do not contain fragrances, coloring, or alcohol. As blogger Mrs. James Recommends wrote: “I really love the story behind the brand. How the amazing woman behind it designed Caolion skincare especially for those with sensitive skin like herself. I’ve also heard she didn’t even hesitate to even taste her creations to prove their organic properties. She believes that if it can be eaten, it will not irritate the skin.”
Nicoleta of Reinvent Yourself says, “I have very very sensitive skin and it is important to mention that I didn’t experience any problem related to the use of all four products above.”
Featuring two must-try cult favorites and two new releases, we’re excited to make this blogger-beloved kit available to you.
When it comes to our skin, we often neglect our pores—they are subjected to harsh (and potentially aggravating) treatments like rip-off strips, and not given the care they deserve...Enter Caolion’s 4-step pore process.
The Caolion pore system begins as any smart skin regimen will—with a proper deep cleanse. The Freshly Chitosan Foam Cleanser is just the thing to start your journey to clear, healthy pores. Formulated with patented unshiu (or Jeju mandarin oil) and antioxidants, this cleanser leaves your face feeling refreshed, but not dry. This product can be used daily in the morning, and at night, as a second-step cleanser (after your oil based cleanser).
- Next comes the Premium Blackhead Steam Pore Pack. Caolion’s pore packs (or wash-off masks) are Korean must-haves. They work to clear the skin of impurities, but, unlike many western deep-cleaning products, do not strip the skin of essential hydration. This is a self-heating wash-off mask—perfect for an at-home spa treatment. It is appropriate for all skin types, including sensitive skin. While, contrary to popular opinion, heat does not in fact, open the pores up, it is extra powerful in clearing impurities out. Thanks to micro oxygen bubbles, the skin is gently, but deeply cleansed. 100% natural sparkling water and deep-cleansing charcoal powder work to eliminate impurities. Natural oat grains make sure your skin retains its moisture, and gently buff dead skin cells away.
- The pore pampering continues with the Pore Original Pack, which is intensely, refreshingly cooling. Note: again, the cooling isn't to "close up" pores but to soothe skin and leave pores happy! This purifying formula tightens pores and enhances the complexion. Glacial clay, Alaskan glacial water, and menthol combine for a soothing, cooling, and relaxing experience that will leave you glowing.
Note: We recommend using both wash-off packs, consecutively, two-three times a week. Those with sensitive skin might want to stick to just one-two times a week.
Finally—bedtime. Before hitting the hay, the final step is Pore Tightening Memory Sleeping Mask, which can be used every night. This sleeping pack works using a shape memory technology, while you get your beauty sleep revealing brightened, tightened skin when you wake up. Youthfulness is maintained by tightening the pores and enhancing elasticity.
We’ve seen some truly inspiring results from the use of this bundle. It’s been truly exciting to hear (and see) some of the exciting results those who’ve tried the kit have experienced. It is amazing what can happen when you dedicate just a bit of time and energy to caring for your skin.
For example—blogger Mary Vu, writes on Point of Vu: “I'm not sure what it is in the products I used, but this kit was definitely a blessing and I highly, HIGHLY recommend using this if you have congested pores. All of the products were extremely effective: the Freshly Chitosan Foam Cleanser removes all dirt and grime, the Blackhead O2 Bubble Pore Pack removes impurities deep within the pores, the Original Pore Pack soothes and tightens pores & skin, and lastly, the Pore Tightening Memory Sleeping Mask works overnight to hydrate and improve the skin's complexion. After just a few weeks of using these products, my pores could finally breathe again. After a month, my skin is gradually returning back to its stable & healthy state and I could not be any happier.” Check out her before and after pics—they're truly amazing!
We can’t wait to hear what you think!