The beginning of each year is so wonderful because they give us that fresh start in our minds to live our best lives.
This year, let's join together in starting right with skincare. Let's stick to three foundational principles every day this month. Sometimes, it's being consistent about the basics that can make the world of a difference.
The challenge, the story-sharing, and the giveaway!
To encourage you all to get the skincare foundation down pat, we're challenging you this month to stick to the 3-pillars of skincare outlined below. At the end of the month, we would love for you to submit your skin story to email@example.com on how this month went! We want you to be real and share with us what you were able to stick to, what was challenging, and how you might have instilled some great new skin-habits. You can submit a words-only story, a pictures-only story, a video, a combination, whatever works for you! Sharing skin stories is so encouraging for others, so we'll read through each story and pick our favorite story to share with the broader Peach & Lily community through our website, email and social!
To thank you for sharing you story with everyone, if you are selected, we'll be sending you a $500 American Express gift certificate plus a $500 Peach & Lily gift card!*
The three pillars of skincare
Here are the three basics to get down pat -- this alone will go very far for your skin, and then adding in a la carte treatments to target specific needs only go that much farther once the foundation is set right!
First, let's get our cleansing right. Here are a few tips:
1) Double cleanse - oil cleansers truly help remove pollutants trapped in sebum and oil-based impurities in a way that water-based cleansers alone cannot do. Follow up with a gentle water-based cleanser. The Shangpree S-Energy Cleansing Gel and the Aromatica Natural Coconut Cleansing Oil cleansers that won't clog pores or irritate skin. And the Shangpree S-Energy Facial Mousse Cleanser and the Atopalm Moisturizing Facial Cleansing Foam two low pH gentle cleansers that are hydrating, gentle and great for all skin types.
2) In the mornings, see what your skin is feeling. We do recommend using a tiny drop of an oil-based cleanser even in the morning because it helps to remove our oil-based creams from the night before and excess sebum released at night intermingled with toxins. However, if you feel that's too much fuss in the morning, at the very least, use a very gentle water-based cleanser. Why? Because most of us don't have pristine rooms and pillow cases and such, so cleansing gently in the morning gives us that clean start!
3) In the evenings, try cleansing your skin as soon as you're home. This removes impurities as soon as possible. Plus, did you know your skin starts to hit prime-rejuvenating time when the sun is going down? And this usually happens much earlier in the night than our actual bedtimes, so getting your cleanse and skincare in earlier in the evening can be very effective.
Second, let's get our skin sufficiently hydrated. Here are a few ways how:
2) Use a mask. Sheet masks, modeling masks and wash-off masks are very effective at drenching skin with hydration. Yes, you can sheet mask every day, even!
Bonus! Post a #maskforacause selfie tagging @restorenyc and @peachandlily as we're continuing our #maskforacause campaign where for every post $1 is donated to Restore NYC that works to stop sex trafficking in NYC! Tag your friends, and let's raise as much awareness as we can!
Third, let's get our skin properly protected. There are two things to keep in mind:
1) SPF daily, but you already know that ;) The Lagom Sun Gel is a super popular SPF as it feels completely weightless and invisible on - it was so beloved that it sold out 11 times in 8 weeks this past summer!
2) Antioxidants - given the pollutants in our air, the stress in our lives, and sun exposure, antioxidants protect at a cellular level and neutralize those free radicals that act like mini bombs inside our bodies. The Essence with Lotus Leaf by The Lotus, Femmue's Lumière Vital C, and the Be the Skin Purifying White Waterful Serum are all packed with antioxidants.
We hope this challenge helps to set the new year on the right path for your skin -- and through that help you feel a bit more empowered and connected to yourself.
Here's to a brand new year and making it an incredible one!
Cheers to radiance!
Peach & Lily team
**Open to US Residents only, 18 years or older. Giveaway runs from January 1 to February 11, 2018. One winner announced on 2/13/18. All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/11/18 at 11:59 PM PST in order to be considered and can be in the form of a words-only story, a pictures-only story, a video or whatever works for you! Good luck!