Every morning after cleansing my face, I mix a good amount of Be The Skin toner and serum in the palm of my hand and rub massage points on my face and neckline where lymphatic fluids may be clogged, which can lead to facial swelling. The toner and serum help to massage the skin smoothly without having to rub and irritate dry skin. Here are some easy massage tips on how to reduce swelling. Try these in the morning at home, during the day at work, wherever and whenever!
1) With your fingers, lightly press the area right beneath where your collarbone starts. For some, this may cause a bit of pain – this is because there are lymphatic fluids clogged in the area. Once you release them, it should not hurt as much.
2) Gently rub the sides of your neck in a downward motion, from the area under your ears down to your shoulders. This releases any tense muscles and is also said to help release toxins that built up in your neckline.
3) With one finger (or your knuckle), press the front tips of your eyebrows. This helps to reduce swelling around the eyes.
4) Place pressure on the lower half of the area between your bottom lip and chin.
5) Lastly, press the soft patch of skin in front of your earlobes, and find an area that slightly hurts when you put pressure on it – massage this area for a few seconds. Then, massage the area that caves in right behind your earlobes.
These simple steps should help decrease morning swelling and also increase circulation in your face causing your skin to absorb nutrients more effectively and improve elasticity. Give it a try!
Stella x Peach and Lily
P.S. For something a little less embarrassing to do at your office desk, or for when you are bored, put pressure on the top of your hand where your index finger and thumb meet. Korean oriental medicine studies show that this pressure point is related to reducing overall swelling of the body.